Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lift Off!

I'll be in my own (unbelievable, amazingly, ultra, fantastically, super soft and comfy) bed tomorrow night!!!  That's only if Adam and Helen haven't stolen it already and kicked me out to the hall! I'll cry!  I am sooooo excited to be going home!!!  I'm trying not to think about the masses of Uni prospectus that I know are piled up in my room, or everything that I left on my floor because I re-packed my bag 10 times before I left.  Can you believe it's been 4 months since I left home!?  I have been away 4 months!  4 months people!  It'll feel good to be back!  I can't wait to see the Christmas lights as I drive (Ralph will be driving actually, it may be unsafe for me to do so!) up to the house.  I'll be wanting some eggnog to celebrate!  A last minute Christmas shop and a whole load of wrapping is in order too!

I have been looking after the boys everyday, ALL day this week!  It actually hasn't been that bad.  They can be really cheeky and annoying for spurts of time during the day, then all is well.  It's been fun, challenging and entertaining.  Caroline and Emanuel have even given me an extra few days of paid holiday because I have been looking after them more than usual.  Bonus!

On Monday I woke up to snow!!!!!  I actually didn't realise there was any snow till I got upstairs (My room is in the basement, so my window looks up to a grate!).  I was glad it had snowed before I went home for Christmas, I've been waiting for it long enough!

Thumbs from Nathan and I.......


This is my house by the way.....


The boy's and I took Leja to the airport, after a little play in the snow.  I was sad to see her leave!  However I am totally going to visit her in Sweden and get me some real Scandinavian jumpers!  It's been great getting to know her though, she is a laugh and the best film buddy going!  I feel that loss, what will I do without her?!  Haha!

After taking Lejla to the airport the boy's and I went back home for some fun in the snow!  They got all suited up, I put on my raincoat, and we built an amazing snow man!

Raphael, Bobby and Nathan.....


Sadly Bobby toppled to his death about 10 minutes later, and has now been reduced to a few nuts surrounded by ice.  We didn't get much more snow after Monday.

I'm leaving here before 8am so I need to get some sleep so I can be wide awake for the festivities to begin when I get back home tomorrow!  It's going to be fun squeezing the cheese into my bag in the morning!  I'll be home for 2 weeks, and there's a lot to fit in, Christmas shenanigans, double birthday, New Years party and seeing as many people as I can whilst just chilling out too!

Je rentre chez moi!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip home and enjoy being back, and if you need to do any visiting down south, you know our door is always open :)

    ReplyDelete