Monday, November 28, 2011

Nous Aimons Assez Annecy


Oh the joy of Annecy!!!  This place truly is wonderfully beautiful!  Everyone goes on about it, so I thought it must be a bit over rated.  But no!  It is a stunner!  I want to go again a soon as I can!  It’s an old French town, kept really nicely and referred to as the ‘French version on Venice’.  However getting to Annecy proved to be somewhat difficult!

A group of us went in two cars, Caitlin and I following the car in front of Chiara and two German girls).  We got continually lost in Geneva trying to take roads that would avoid the toll roads (which took the same amount of time that it would have to go to Annecy and come back again).  Then our friends in the other car had an accident, crashing into the side a car passing them.  It was all one big palaver!  We did continue you on to our destination in the end though.  Taking the toll roads!

This photo does do the car view justice……….



Blinding ourselves coming out of the dark tunnels………


Finally!!!!  A sign for Annecy……………..........



My first encounter with the town was the Chateau……..
 



Rooftops…………………..................................




The waterways………..




There was a market in one of the streets.  I am going to assume that it was a pig market.  As there were cooked pigs head on one stall, pig products on another and even a pen of live donkey sized pigs!

Piggy piggy...oink oink………...........

 


Another ornate church………
 



Not only is Annecy beautiful, it is great fro shopping!!!  I was struggling to find decent Christmas presents before I found the gold mine of French shops that exists in this town!  Need to go back just finish shopping.

A little taster of one of my favorite places……



I will now become one of those people who are always gushing about how wonderful Annecy it.  At least i now know hat it is NOT overrated!

Je me rendrai à nouveau!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love that shop, I might need a trip there myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would love Annecy! it was full of little gems like that place!

    ReplyDelete