Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Last Link

Yesterday the new Au Pair arrived!  Her name is Toni and she flew in all the way from Cape Town in south Africa.  We are doing a little hand over for the rest of the week so that I can show her the ropes a bit.  She's a great, fun and happy person who I think will fit in really well with the family!  Yay!

I leave Switzerland in just a few days time.  My Dad and Brother-in-Law came by this evening and dropped off my niece Isabelle on their way to Italy (just across the border) where they will be skiing for a couple of days.  So I have my little buddy and niece with me (whoop whoop) for my last few days till Sunday when my Dad and Brother-in-Law come back to Geneva to take me home.  It doesn't fell real yet.  I still have one day left of work, people to see, things to do, places to go.  I doubt it will sink in for a while yet.

Tonight though was the first of my official goodbyes.  I went to my last Link Au Pair meeting to say my final goodbyes to a few people I had met a few months ago and just a few days ago.  More so than anyone else I wanted to see Becky and Paul who run the Link group.

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to them!

They do so much for the Au Pairs in the area.  The trips they organise so that we get to see the country are brilliant.  I would not have got to see some of the places I have seen because of those trips.  They have helped myself and many friends with various Au Pair or life worries.  They are at hand to talk, always.  It has been a great comfort to know that they are always there to help if need be for any reason big or small.

So the final goodbyes have begun, but not just yet for this blog.

Just goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment