Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bonjour!!

Well it's my first day in sunny France!  yes i did just say France!  Not Switzerland as we all thought.  But i am in the middle of no where with mountains right outside, so you have to go to Geneva, Switzerland to do anything, and that's just a 20 mintue drive away.

I feel like i should update people on how and why i am here in the first place.....here goes....

Ive been at the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham studying Fine Art this last year.  To keep it short it just didn't work out.  The course was full on ( i prefer to be left to get on with the work myself) with tutors pushing you this way and that on what is supposed to be your own creativity.  Do it their way to become the artist within or don't do it at all!  So i guess i chose to not do it at all.  I'm taking a year or so out to try some other things, to gain some new experience's .  Once i have enjoyed myself enough I'll be back to the land of education, to sort out a proper career for myself.

So uni aside i went back home where i wallowed in the grief of what to do with my life, then started to look for a job and ended up looking at being an Au Pair, which made me stumble across an Au pair Job in France/Switzerland (near Geneva).

I arrived yesterday evening with all my overweight luggage (they'll be a list of stuff to be sent over too though).  The drive from the airport to the family's house, where I'm staying was like driving to my house back home...fields and fields.  But here some are full of sunflowers!!

This is the house.........


All the shutters are needed because it's so flipping HOT!!!  Keeps the sun out.

So i am staying here for a year as an Au Pair.  The lady of the house has two girls (5 1/2yr and 4...i think) and she has 5 month old twin boys...hence the need for some help.   she'll be around most of the time...so it wont be crazy looking after that many kids.  Right now i can't decide whether the dribbling, hot, pooping baby's or the two little constantly talking in French girls are better.  I would usually say the older girls, but i cant understand half of what they jabber on about. however they are cute when they copy me.

I have my own room and bathroom...the family bought the land and designed the house themselves recently...so no lights in my room yet or mirror in the bathroom...but otherwise it's all good.  here are the real of photos requested by the family.

This is my bedroom.....


Desk to be added soon apparently.

Check out my wardrobe!!.....


Side not to the Mother....how did i bring THREE purple hoodies?!  Can you add in some green or red hoodies with your package please!!
 
The bathroom .............


A little bit swish for just an Au Pair...but i'm not complaining!

The best thing is the view from my bedroom............


The mountain is far more glorious in person, and feels like it's right on top of you!

The downstairs lounge..............


The kitchen..................


I have had some great food here already!  Mountain cheese, filo pastry savory tart things and a put together your own pasta lunch.....the idea to loose weight while I'm here may well go out the window!  And you wont get the 'keep your elbows off the table' song here...it's polite to do that when you have finished eating.

This is the vegetable patch my mum needs.......


The fount garden and another great view!..........


Now i have settled myself into the house i need to get on with the job, get to the local ward here to meet up with some members and take a trip to the beautiful city of Geneva.  Think i'm going to have to take some French lesson along away.....today i learnt the sun, moon and stars, days of the week and some farm animals.  Don't think that will get me too far!

For now though i will bid you all farewell and write again when there is acctually something interesting to say!  Or just to whine!  Sorry!

Au Reviour!!! x


P.S. i have the go ahead to go back home to England for Christmas!! Whoop Whoop!!!




3 comments:

  1. Hey Abs so glad you have a blog so i can see whats going on in your life. I miss you so bad. Hate that we didnt hang out much these past few years. It looks awsome there though, it will be great for you. Proud of you! xx Kym xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to hve a blog - will be nice to follow your experiences. It is a beautiful place - been a few years since I was there but remember how gorgeous it was. Enjoy your time there - it will pass very quickly. Love much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know kym!! i heard you have been getting creative though, cards right? they sound really good! we'll have to catch up though...even if were not in the country! x

    ReplyDelete